Dein Daily Business
Voted #2 in Business Punk’s Watchlist for 2019 in the areas recruiting and education, and winner of the Digital Start-up of The Year Award from the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy. Charly.education is building a digital study experience for students in Europe by creating new tools students need in order to improve their motivation, efficiency and grades.
Who is charly.education?
charly.education (formerly PlusPeter) is Europe’s fastest growing student platform, enabling students to optimise their learning process and connect them to potential employers.
On our digital learning platform www.charly.education students can upload their learning materials, create flashcards, summaries, notes and annotations and study in an efficient way. Students can also print their documents free of charge.
The company also owns the cross-media advertising network charly.media. charly.media sells various off- and online products, exclusively markets the social app Jodel and has a reach of over 2.5 million students.
We have started our first steps in digitalising education, and we want to leverage technology to support students along their learning career.
YOUR DAILY BUSINESS:
- Inspire, lead, shape and grow a front end engineering team
- Drive continuous improvement focusing on quality in your own team and cross teams
- Prioritise and optimise for highest speed in execution
- Take calculated risks, anchor with different stakeholders and articulate short and long term consequences
- Continuously develop relationships between product, engineering and key stakeholders across all domains
- Influence and drive software design discussions
- Translate business needs into capability build up and hiring plans in own team
- Play a key role in helping us continue attracting, developing and retaining great engineering talent
- Act swiftly to change of direction, re-evaluate priorities and steer the team accordingly
- Manage the budget for the team and dependencies
- Ensure that our front end is built and developed to the best of standards.
- Are we using the best tooling?
- How can the user’s experience be optimised?
- What is the best data structure for feature X?
- What is the best algorithm for problem Y?
Das bringst du mit
We are looking for a bright and passionate Lead Front End Engineer (m/w/d) to join our friendly and collaborative Mitte based team, currently consisting of around 9 engineers spread across a number of disciplines.
Your role would be to lead our front end engineers in the continued development of our user-facing application. We're much more interested in what you can do than the qualifications you might have. A formal computer science background is not necessary but a thorough understanding of the art and the ability to quickly fill gaps in your knowledge is.
As well as a passion for engineering, we’re looking for someone with a passion for leadership, for enabling developers to reach their full potential and for continuing to build our friendly, supportive and diverse team.
- A Bachelor's degree is neither necessary nor sufficient
- 6+ years of relevant work experience as a front end or full stack developer
- A passion for engineering and leadership
- A passion for front-end development, UX & UI and technologies such as React.JS, Angular.JS, etc.
- Experience with Typescript/Flow would be a big plus
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
Wir bei charly sind ein dynamisches Medien- und EdTech-Startup mit Sitz in Berlin Mitte, dass es sich zur Aufgabe gemacht hat, Unternehmen und Studierende miteinander zu verbinden.
Mit unserer digitalen Lernplattform charly.education wollen wir die Zukunft des Lernens transformieren. Aktuell können sich Studierende ihre Lernunterlagen hochladen, Karteikarten, Zusammenfassungen, Notizen und Markierungen erstellen und ihre Dokumente kostenlos ausdrucken.
Bei charly.media wollen wir langfristig den War for Talents beenden! Klingt ambitioniert – aber genau das macht uns aus. Wir sind ein buntes, aber eingespieltes Team, das mit radikalem Fokus auf genau dieses Ziel hinarbeitet.
Als größter Studentenvermarkter der DACH-Region vernetzen wir Studierende und Unternehmen durch crossmediales, zielgruppengerechtes Marketing. In Zahlen? Wir bringen 2.5 Millionen Studierende mit 95 % der DAX30 Unternehmen zusammen.